Our volunteers are the heart of our home, and our greatest need.
These remarkable individuals have joined our family from different places, from various backgrounds and experiences and for individual reasons. Together, we have grown into a supportive team that cares for our residents, their families and all those who enter our home.
The Light Hill staff is powered by a large, committed corps of volunteers who carry out day-to-day operations and give hands-on care. Each has completed 21 hours of comprehensive training and additional ongoing instruction that equips them to provide compassionate, palliative care for our residents. Each is naturally gifted, well-prepared and personally motivated to enrich the end-of-life experience of residents and their loved ones.
Do you have a caring and compassionate heart? If so, you’ve already met the basic requirements and we welcome you to consider taking on this meaningful role at the most profound time in a person’s life. No medical experience is necessary and we will provide practical training in advance of your service.
Not ready to give hands-on care? You can still support Light Hill and its residents in a big way, doing what you already love to do:
- Meal preparation — Fill our kitchen with the aromas of home cooking by preparing a meal on site for residents and their families, or simply deliver a prepared meal that can be heated and served.
- House cleaning — Common areas, kitchen, office, family hospitality rooms, training space. Every inch of Light Hill is well used, well loved and always in need of extra TLC.
- General — Light maintenance and repairs, window washing, weekly dump run
- Gardening and yard work — Have you seen our extensive gardens and beautiful grounds? They offer essential moments of respite, escape and tranquility to our residents and their families.
- Community and fundraising events — Many hands make light work, and your gift of help is priceless.
- Office support — Bulk mailings, technical support, ask our volunteer coordinator for ideas.
It’s heartwarming to hear volunteers express how meaningful it is to be a part of the Light Hill family, in any capacity. We welcome you to consider volunteer opportunities that fit your special gifts and passion.
To learn more about how you can touch lives in this meaningful way, please email or call (585) 393-1311.